Two Doctors in court For Murder

By Musa Paul Feika
Two medical doctors, Abdul Mohamed Marrah and Michael Marrah have been docked in a magistrate court in Freetown for allegedly murdering Baimba Samura.
The deceased is believed to be suffering from Hernia disease. Abdul Mohamed Marrah is the first accused while Michael Marrah is the second accused.
The trial is presided over by Magistrate Alhaji Sullaiman Koroma of court No.1 at Ross Road, east of Freetown.
Police alleged that the two men on the 23rd November 2019 on Liverpool Street, Waterloo, in the Western Area Rural District murdered Baimba Samura.
Joseph Sorie Bangura, a teacher attached Forum for African Women Educationalists Senior Secondary School ,Waterloo and a nephew of the deceased was called as a witness for the prosecution.
The witness told the court that he recognized the accused persons and also recalled the day the deceased went to Abdul Health Clinic situated at Liverpool Street Waterloo for a hernia operation.
Witness further testified that the first accused performed the operation on the deceased who fell from down from the operation bed and bled profusely.
The witness further told the court that prior to the operation, the first accused demanded Le 300,000 from Isata Samura, one of relatives of the deceased.
The said sum, witness said, was paid to the first accused person who performed the operation.
The witness also testified that the accused performed a second operation when the first one failed.
The deceased, according to the witness, suffered profuse bleeding which made the deceased’s relatives to request for the transfer of the victim. “But, the accused persons refused reject the request,” Witness said.
The deceased, according to the witness, later died at the accused persons’ clinic on 23rd of November, 2019.
Witness also told the court that they reported the matter to Waterloo Police Station from where a team of police officers visited the scene of Crime and took photos.
The pictures of the scene were later tendered in evidence and formed part of the court records.
The witness rounded up his testimony by informing the court that deceased’s remains was conveyed to the Connaught Hospital in Freetown for a postmortem by government Pathologist, Dr. Owizz Koroma.
The corpse he concluded was later handed over to the family for burial.
The accused persons were refused bail and the matter adjourned to 25th February.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *